Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Be.


If you want to be happy, be.
–Leo Tolstoy

In the one class that I look forward to, 
Larry introduced us to different kinds of art.
We've seen photo-realistic art and surrealistic art.
Super cool, right?

Just recently it's been "abstract" and "expressive" art.
Whatever that is..
"Get more creative, think outside the box" he said.

Let me just tell you,
nothing sets you free like frustration.
Nothing.

This is my frustration.
I wish every painting could set me free the way this one did.
I've never been so proud of getting angry.

While creating this dripping, slathering, sloppy piece of art,
I let go.

Those three simple words are so hard for me to do.
I'm tense painting, drawing, doing homework..
I can't even relax if someone is rubbing my shoulders.
Yep, it's that bad.

But this,
This was me everywhere.
This was me no where.
This was me trying so hard.
This was me giving up.
This is me.
let me be.

No comments:

Post a Comment